We are looking for a junior programmer/app developer for our South Delta (Tsawwassen) location. The applicant will receive training and will work under supervision but must also be able to work alone. We provide services to companies throughout North America so you must also be able to travel if needed. The applicant will provide his or her own laptop. You must be flexible with your hours as sometimes you may be required to work overtime or on weekends, and although we try to minimize weekend work it is sometime required by our customers. Applicant must currently reside in Canada and be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Assist our technical team to develop and publish applications for MS Dynamics NAV and Business Central.
- Upgrade object modified customizations written in C/AL to external extensions written in AL.
- Provide technical support to existing customers, including but not limited to: software installation on-premises including Windows, SQL, and Dynamics software; Azure environments; report writing using MS SQL Reporting Services; and creating customizations using MS Extension V2 technology.
- Perform testing and debugging of applications under development and provide assistance with app development. We have an excellent background in business and understand what customers need so we have no shortage of app development ideas.
- BA/BS degree in information technology.
- Basic programming concepts a must.
- Experience with ERP software is required. Knowledge of MS Dynamics NAV is helpful but not essential.
- Previous C/AL and AL programming language knowledge is useful but not required.
- Experience working with ReST API
- Knowledge of Java, HTTP, JSON and XML API
- Experience with SQL.
- Technical troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and be trained on new programming languages.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across geographically dispersed locations.
- Client relationship and interpersonal skills